We all just gotta BREATHE.
Welcome back to the dHarmic Evolution podcast with me James Kevin O’Connor, singer/songwriter, audio/video artist, and master storyteller. On today’s episode, we’re much more closer to home – in New York City.
Melissa B is a unique voice in a sea of beautiful music. Having grown up with parents who were in the military, she lived most of her younger life moving from one country to another – from Japan, to Germany, to Hawaii.
Her father was her main influencer. Before his passing, he encouraged Melissa to make music, to sing, to write. You could easily say he was the motivator that pushed Melissa in the right direction – and we should all be thankful for him because now we get to enjoy her music!
On this episode:
- Melissa B talks about the style of music she writes and performs – you’ll be amazed at how she caters to so many genres!
- She talks about David Bowie. Listen to what she has to say about him and how he influenced her own craft!
- Melissa tells how she performs her gigs and shows! Is it with a live band or does she go all acoustic?
- What exactly is a Melissa B Experience? You gotta find out! She reveals that on this episode!
- Melissa also tells us her main music influences! She keeps good company, that’s for sure!
- What is Melissa’s “floodgate moment’? FIND OUT!
- Did yo know she won Vocalist of the Month on singeruniverse.com? Well, she did and totally deserved it!
- She’s been considered for 3 Grammy nominations for her song “Maria”! How cool is that!
- Aside from singing, she’s also a network engineer! One kickass woman we got here!
Melissa B songs featured:
- Steal from My Heart
- Underneath the Stars
- It’s Real
Follow Melissa B:
Subscribe to dHarmic Evolution on iTunes
Please sign up on dharmicevolution.com for free bonus content!
Follow dHarmic Evolution on social media
Listen to the interview here